Well Cowboys fans, we have had one hell of a ride, and I must say I’m very proud of our squad. We may not have been able to ask for a better season, unless you want to nit pick. 12-4, Playoffs, and losing on a controversial call. (Of course). But what our team was able accomplish with a piece meal defense, a QB with a cracked back, and a running back with a broken finger late in the season is nothing short of phenomenal. I have to admit, when we lost Sean Lee I started to just subscribe to being a Netflix watcher for the season. Then our #1 Draft pick went down with a broken foot. For a defense that was already struggling this was a huge blow. Shoot me. 1. That first game against San Francisco almost set the tone for the entire season until I thought about a few key points.
- Tony Romo’s back was still a little gimpy
- They out scored us in the first half only. They did not score in the 2nd half
- We lost by 7 points after being down by 21.
- Their defense scored 14 points on a blocked punt and a pick 6
2. Cowboys over Titans 26-10 in a blow out. Nothing to say about that. It was the Titans. If we had won by any less I’d be worried.
3. Cowboys over Rams 34-30 Now look the Rams are famous for throwing up 21 points straight and then taking a rest for the next half; This is what they did when they allowed us to crawl back and close this game out. DeMarco Murray ran like a mad man in this game. We benefited from idiotic penalties on the Rams. Nice Win.
4. Cowboys over Saints (38-17) Blowout. Saints never had a chance. Who are these people I’m watching that are wearing STARS on their helmets? I had decided upon looking at the schedule that we were going to lose this game. For once we did something with a turnover. We contained Breesus Christ and eventually he had to keep throwing. Still not quite certain who this defense is. Who is this Rolando McClain person again? Justin Durant will tackle his own mama out there. This is spooky.
5. Cowboys over Texans 20-17: The only thing I have to say about this game is that Tony Romo got away from the vice grip of one JJ Watt and threw a 27 yard TD. Okay maybe this team is real. The test is next week. Seattle.
6. Cowboys over Seattle 30-23. I spent the entirety of this game with my mouth open in awe. Let’s just say no Beastmode in the Endzone. And Legion of Boom what? 12th man what? They didn’t shake us. At this point we are 4-1 and are he real deal honey.
7. Cowboys over Giants 31-21: Yeah we owned the Giants, just like last year. I wasn’t worried about this game, but I will say never underestimate 4th quarter Eli. Two TDs by the INCREDIBLE Odell Beckam Jr, but it wasn’t enough. Starts win.
8. Redskins over Cowboys 20-17 in OT. The only thing I can think of to make this game go straight to hell was not being prepared for Colt McCoy and a Redskins Defense that tasted blood. Killed out 5-1 streak. Let’s pretend this game didn’t happen. I do live in DC.
9. Cardinals over Cowboys: 28-17. Carson Palmer was lighting us up this game. We got stuck on 3rd down too many times and had 2 costly turn overs. We couldn’t climb out of the hole and this Defense was tough. Shout out to Bruce Arians. Respect.
10. Cowboys over Jaguars 31-17 in London: *Yawn*
11. Cowboys over Giants 31-28: This was a close one. Eli was hot and young Odell Beckam had the Catch of the Year during this game. It’s all sports media talked about. We won though. And this was a tough one. The old Cowboys would have blown this game. By this time we were down more lineman. NY had us on time of possession but we made the most of the time we had the ball. My main man “Cold” Beasley had a nasty 45 yard TD. NASSTTYYY.
12. Eagles over Cowboys 33-10: Thanksgiving Day. We are lucky this wasn’t a complete shut out. They owned us. MARK SANCHEZ OWNED US. Nothing elseto see here. At this point the Eagles are the NFC Champs in the minds of most, and will probably win go to the NFC Championship game. Keep this tidbit in mind: Only one rushing TD
13. Dallas Cowboys over Chicago Bears 41-28: We owned them them entire night. But I’m on the fence about whether we played like wild animals or Jay Cutler was drunk. There’s really no way to truly tell. They did lose Brandon Marshall in this game which I feel was a significant blow. We kept their running game shut down making them one dimensional and relying on Jay Cutler’s arm. The Bears actually almost pulled off a comeback. But thanks to Jay Cutler things went back to how the universe wanted them to go. Stars.
14. Cowboys over Eagles 38-27: hahahahahahahahahaha oh man hahahahahahahahaa. Okay seriously. PWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. PLAYOFFS. BOOM.
15. Cowboys over Colts 42-7: I’m not really sure what happened, but we didn’t give them a fighting chance. With TY Hilton out, Reggie Wayne hurt, and no real running game the Colts were at our mercy. And thanks to the Redskins beating the Eagles we didn’t even need to win this game to get to the playoffs. Can I laugh now.
16. Cowboys over Redskins: 44-17. Light Work. Bring on the Lions PLAYOFFS!
Now at this point I just want to go into the 2nd round. I want to not be one and done. I am always leary when it comes to the Lions but I started to have hope because when all else fails, they still have Matt Stafford who is unpredictable. Wildcard Weekend: Cowboys over Lions 24-20: So let’s get right on down to that controversial call that “determined the outcome” of this game with 8:26 left in the game. Shut up. The Lions found 100 ways to lose after that reversed PI call. That call left them the ability to go for it on 4-2 deep in Cowboys territory against a defense that is suspect at times. I was absolutely shocked when Jim Caldwell punted. Lions fans, your coach played scared. I thought the game was over when Demarcus Lawrence had a sack fumble recovery but I guess he decided the Lions should have this ball back. On the very next play he did the very same thing, and this time he took the ball to the ground and hugged it really tight. Thank you. Game over. Divisional Rounds: Green Bay over Cowboys 28-23: This game took a piece of my soul with it. What I will say is this: Dez caught it, the rule is dumb and we should have been in the NFC Championship game and probably the Super Bowl. We also should have done a few things defensively to win but that’s not the point. Dez caught that damn ball and it was a good and true catch I don’t care what that foolish rules says. So where are we now? We finished the season with 5 more wins that we had in the past 3 years. We made it to the Playoffs. Our QB didn’t die this year. We got Uncle Rod, Uncle Scott and Jason Garrett coming back. Dez says he will be a Cowboy for life. We are passing around the collection plate to have enough money to keep Demarco Murray. So far there haven’t been any surgeries. We get Justin Durant (maybe) and Sean Lee back next year. Joseph Randle got arrested for marijuana possession.
And a Partridge in a pear tree.